We invest more than two thirds of the portfolio in a biotech equity, mainly through American companies. The rest of the portfolio is invested in IT companies which provided innovative technological solutions to the medical and healthcare sectors.
In order to identify the best invesment opportunities, we have the following differentiating tools:
- Medical and technological scoring, provided by sector experts who evaluate:
- The quality and technological diversity of the company’s pipeline.
- Innovation level of the pipeline and procedures.
- Relative competitive position in each segment.
- Patent loss risk, substitutes developed by competitors and opportunities derived by the progress in the trial phases.
- Furthermore, they monitor alerts and statements issued by the FDA on a daily basis.
- We have developed our own algorithm which allow us to predict the future evolution of the EPS, multiples, and volatility of the listed companies. The algorithm takes into account the technological scoring obtained in the technological evaluation process.